This past weekend I was delighted to learn that Jeanne from the fabulous blog Cozy*Stylish*Chic had nominated me for a Liebster award! After a quick Google search I learned that the Liebster is an award given by new bloggers to other new bloggers as a way to build community, discover new blogs and hopefully attract new readers. What a great way to spread a little blog love! The rules are simple:
If the nominee decides to accept the award, he/she must:
1. Answer the 11 questions posed
2. Post 11 facts about themselves
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers
4. Tell them they have been nominated
5. Create a list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
11 Questions for Me:
- How do you like your toilet paper — over or under? Definitely under, but I’m not sure why I care!
- Why did you start blogging? My friend, Angela (co-founder of the amazing blog cocoafab.com), suggested it and I thought it would be a great way to keep fresh and current on kitchen & bath design trends
- What is your favorite vacation destination? Italy
- What is the most “out there” food you’ve ever eaten? Lobster (I know, not too “out there,” but a big deal for a non-seafood eater)
- What do you do in your spare time, assuming you have any? Knit
- Vanilla or chocolate? Definitely vanilla
- Do you do tequila shots and have you or would you eat the worm? Tequila, yes…worms, no!
- What time of day do you write for your blog? Morning
- What is your favorite flower? Peony
- What is the craziest thing you did in high school or college? Ate a goldfish at a fraternity party to impress a cute boy!
- Do you believe in karma? Hmmm, sort of!
11 Questions for the Nominees:
- What’s your favorite season?
- What’s your best advice for new bloggers?
- Are you glass 1/2 full or glass 1/2 empty?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favorite magazine?
- Pick four words to describe yourself
- List your three favorite online shopping sites
- Night owl or morning person?
- Which do you prefer: ocean or lake?
- Where do you get your best blog inspiration?
- PC or Mac?
And finally…a few things about me that you might not know:
- I have a bit of a paper fettish — I love pretty paper, pads, stationery…especially anything with my name on it!
- I have four boys, and in the fall three will be in high school and one in middle school (yeesh!)
- My favorite restaurant is Inn at Castle Hill in Newport, RI (I love having a drink beforehand out on the lawn)
- I learned to drive a car on a stick shift
- I’d like to be fluent in Italian
- Someday I plan to retire in New York City (although I’m not sure my husband agrees with me!)
- I’ve been knitting for thirty years
- Summer is my favorite season
- I love to cook and at one time had a small catering business
- I love monograms
- My favorite movie is Out of Africa (does that make me old?)
And my Nominees are (all new blogging friends that I met at Design Camp Seattle!):
- Tristan — Tristan Gary Designs
- Deepali — Filling Spaces
- Holly — Holly Holbrook
- Stacey — Steward of Design
- Jil — Reflections Interior Design